Job: Office Administrator
The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (Coalition) [a 501(c)(4) charitable organization], and its sister organization, the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence (Ed Fund) [a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, are looking to hire a full-time, long-term Office Administrator.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative duties, in-house accounting, management of the Ed Fund and Coalition offices, and staff support. We are looking for a hard-working, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual who is also passionate about our mission of gun violence prevention. Ideal candidates should be able to take initiative and work independently. This position requires a diverse skill set so candidates should be flexible and willing to learn. The person in this position will work closely with our dynamic staff of 10 individuals and should be a strong team player.
Start Date: July 2015.
Position Type: Full-time, long-term (40 hrs/wk).
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position includes four major responsibility areas:
- Assistant to the Executive Director (Managing calendar, booking travel, drafting correspondence, etc.)
- General Office Administration (Staff communications, managing staff calendars, booking meetings, ordering supplies, coordinating with building management, filing, etc.)
- In-House Accounting (Basic bookkeeping, tracking all expenses, paying bills, bank deposits, drafting budgets, managing tax filings, coordinating with outside CPA, etc.)
- Development & Fundraising (Assisting Director of Development with event planning, board relations, donor mailings, data entry, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School degree or equivalent and some college/higher education (College degree or equivalent preferred)
- Minimum 1 year experience as administrative assistant or office manager (preferably for a non-profit organization)
- Accounting & bookkeeping experience, experience with QuickBooks highly preferred
- Data entry experience, preferably with Datatel, Blue State Digital, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising data base
- Very skilled with Microsoft Office Suite, exp. Microsoft Excel
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Event-planning experience
- Extreme attention to detail, ability to focus in hectic environment
- Interest in issue of gun violence prevention
To Apply: Send a brief note of interest to Ms. Willis Kliefoth at firstname.lastname@example.org with a formal cover letter, current CV, and list of professional references attached. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a preliminary phone interview within two weeks of application. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence are Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employers. Except where otherwise provided by law, there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a parent, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodations: The Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Willis Kliefoth. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.