The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence is looking for a long-term, part-time Data Clerk for immediate hire.
The data clerk would assist the Office Administrator and other staff with data entry, coding, book-keeping, and other administrative tasks for approximately 10 – 15 hours a week, as needed. This position is suited for a highly detail-oriented student or other professional looking for additional income; ideally with an interest in gun violence prevention.
Start Date: March 2015.
Position Type: Part-time; long-term.
Salary Details: $10/hr. (Benefits: Enrollment in WMATA Metro Smart-Benefits Program).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering donor information into online donor database.
- Preparing and mailing acknowledgement letters for donors.
- Making copies.
- Entering data into bookkeeping system.
- Filing of financial records and donor information.
- Other Administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- Very proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word (Windows and Macintosh).
- Familiarity with fundraising software (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Datatel, etc.).
- Familiarity with QuickBooks.
- Extreme attention to detail/ superb organizational skills.
- Strong math and accounting skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Responsible with sensitive financial information.
- Preferred: Bookkeeping experience
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter with a resume and list of professional references attached to Willis Kliefoth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Except where otherwise provided by law, there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a parent, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodations: The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Willis Kliefoth. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.