We are now accepting applications for Summer 2014.
Join the gun violence prevention movement! Inform the nation about the need for stricter gun laws and learn how to fight the gun lobby on Capitol Hill. Interns at the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV) are valued members of our staff and assist in all of the following areas:
- Conduct research on shooting incidents, gun laws, court cases involving the Second Amendment, the firearms industry, and other topics.
- Develop educational materials for use by the public, media and policy makers.
- Draft blogs, memos, research papers, member correspondence, and other documents for CSGV staff.
- Research potential foundation prospects and individual donors.
- Maintain and update member contact information and financial records.
- Monitor state and federal legislation.
- Develop lobbying materials.
- Attend hearings and accompany CSGV staff during meetings with Members and staff on Capitol Hill.
- Help develop content for the CSGV website and keep it updated.
CSGV internships are unpaid, but hours are flexible. Internships are offered during the fall, spring, and summer and applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Undergraduate, graduate and law students are all encouraged to apply. All internships involve some minor administrative duties.
Contact our Intern Coordinator at (202) 408-0061, ext. 1003, or fax or email resume with cover letter directly to:
Fax: (888) 860-2477